ARRI DigitalGeneral CategoryTechnicalSecond unit camera - best match for Arri Alexa
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Second unit camera - best match for Arri Alexa  (Read 1300 times)
marcinmik

« on: November 21, 2012, 07:05:52 AM »

Hi guys, want to ask what you recommend for B camera to work with ALEXA?
I need to make some tests but maybe somebody already did something and can share some details with me?
I'm choosing between BMD CineCamera, F3, C300.
Cheers

Dave Tree

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 08:24:50 AM »

Really depends on what the B camera has to do. Right tool for the job. I own an Alexa and a C300 to pick up B cam stuff. But I've used DSLR as B cam and sometimes even Gopro. If it a most pushable latitude B camera and small, I'd go C300 personally.

Eric Matthew

Camera lover and aspiring cinematographer.

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 08:53:30 AM »

Alot of people were using the F3 as a B camera. But personally I think the detail the C300 captures matches the Alexa better.

Eric Matthew
Digital Imaging Tech
Rental House Tech

Sareesh

Filmmaker and Workflow Consultant

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 07:52:00 PM »

Hi guys, want to ask what you recommend for B camera to work with ALEXA?
I need to make some tests but maybe somebody already did something and can share some details with me?
I'm choosing between BMD CineCamera, F3, C300.
Cheers

If you're shooting Arriraw then BMCC, otherwise Canon C300 .

http://wolfcrow.com/blog/ - Workflow information and support for filmmakers and media professionals

Chris Bell

DP w/ Alexa and Ultra Primes.

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 10:55:21 AM »

I've mixed both the F3 and C300 with my Alexa.  While both cameras make a sharp image, neither can match the Alexa's dynamic range and color fidelity.  Be prepared to dumb down the lighting.  I prefer the C300. 

I am eager to try the BM camera and the F55.  My hope is one of them will be a closer match. 

I will say it is an absolute joy to have multiple Alexa's on a job.  I spend my time finessing the lighting and not wasting time trying to match cameras. 

Christopher Bell
Cinematographer
www.christopher-bell.com

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: